- All Disciplines
- Introductory & Cross-Training
- Exploration & Production
- Surface Facilities
- Petroleum Business Management
- Health, Safety & Environment
Casing While Drilling
This workshop is for drilling professionals with a need for or an interest in a thorough understanding of deepwater managed pressure drilling & casing while drilling. Job titles include Drilling Superintendents, Drilling Managers, Drilling Foreman, Drilling Engineers, Production Geologists and Geology Managers.
*Delegates are required to bring their laptop for software demostration
Capitalize on Fred’s expertise to:
- GAIN deep understanding about CwD
- LEARN the latest technology innovations and successful applications
- UNDERSTAND how to drill through trouble zones with CwD to enjoy greater ROI
- CONTROL wellbore using various combinations of special tools and methodologies to achieve safer and more efficient operations
- IDENTIFY candidates for CwD applications
- MANAGE potential operational, economic and technical risks involved of the project
- JUSTIFY economic and operational values of CwD to management and staff
CwD is an emerging technology which presents new opportunities to operators, drilling contractors and service companies. It provides access to marginal reserves and drill through trouble zones. Throughout recent years, the method has seen proven results in diverse regions around the world.
In this 2-day masterclass, you will improve your understanding of CwD, learn how to select the best applications of CwD to enhance operational efficiency and opens up a new service market. The delegates should be able to implement the technology when you are back to office and evaluate when it is appropriate to use CwD.
- Introduction - General view, advantages and disadvantages, types of CwD, scenarios for CwD applications
- Operational aspects of CwD – Rig and downhole tool equipment design and applications, hydraulics, drilling fluids for CwD, well control while drilling with casing, surface-hole Casing While Drilling, drilling efficiency optimization
- New technology development and application
Successful implementation of the technology around the world
- Drilling feasibility analysis –HPHT, deepwater, review of benefits, challenges and limitations
- Cost comparisons and risk management: Predict economic impact of trouble events such as well control, loss of circulation and stircking of the drilling string or casing string, how to manage the risk involved and integrate it with other drilling technologies to maximize return?
- Software presentation
- Case studies
- Workshop exercises
- Executive summary
Return to Training Matrix