- All Disciplines
- Introductory & Cross-Training
- Exploration & Production
- Surface Facilities
- Petroleum Business Management
- Health, Safety & Environment
Effective Topside Corrosion Management
- Event Code
Moustafa M. El-Gammal
|15-Oct-12||3 days||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||-|
Corrosion is one of the primary threats to the integrity of the topside of any offshore asset. Corrosion management is part of a system concerned in development, implementation, review and maintenance of corrosion policy. It may be defined as controlling corrosion by keeping corrosion within acceptable limits.
The course is designed in accordance to levels requirements as per NACE International. The main objectives and aims are to serve Engineer and Professionals that has experience and involvement with Corrosion Management. The information for this Course is mainly and strictly to apply techniques without carrying out any sophisticated calculations. Simply the calculations an envisaged within this course are devoted to only highlight the lifecycle estimations containing tolerable defects and serving within aggressive environment. The assumed defects are meant to be those inherited due to the different fabrication processes and went on without detection. Case studies are designed to make the flow of information between the trainer and the attendees, understandable and clearly applied in similar cases.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to compete with the corrosion and how to control the resulted drastic effects in practical sense. The attendees will have tools of how to overcome corrosion accidents and understand handling problems in fields. Thus, will share in reducing the corrosion costs as well as will extend the lifetime and will have good impacts on increasing productivity leading to improving utilization of those very important and strategic projects.
- Enable solid understanding of corrosion, its forms and factors influencing corrosion.
- Understand corrosion in Oil and Gas and its topside facilities.
- Learn how to control the result of drastic effects of corrosion in practical sense.
- Improve participants’ skills to develop tools to overcome corrosion.
- Develop understanding on innovative control techniques with focus on handling problematic areas.
- Give expert views on material application in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Gain knowledge on material selection optimization.
- Address control mitigation, monitoring and inspection obligations to ensure means of protection and service life extension measures.
- Enhance knowledge on good engineering practice and productivity
- Be equipped with effective topside corrosion management thru practical knowledge of corrosion and corrosion control
Specially Designed for:
- Corrosion/Material Engineers
- Corrosion Managers/Technicians
- Asset Integrity Engineers
- Maintenance Manager/Engineer
- Inspection Engineer
- Reliability Engineers
- QA/QC Engineers
- Welding Engineers
- Facilities Engineers
- Operations Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Technology Engineers
• Definition of Corrosion
• Forms of Corrosion
• Causes & Factors Influencing Corrosion
- O2, CO2, HPHT, H2S, Microbial influenced corrosion
• Cost Saving
• Corrosion Accidents
• Practical devised examples
Highlights of several distinguished practical daily concerns in O&G industry client are facing and trouble-shooting long term solutions.
• Fatigue & anti-corrosive inhibitors properties
• Risk based factors of material selection
- Alternative Application
- Properties or application
- Manufacturing Processes
• Increased production through existing facilities
• Life Extension of ageing assets
• Suitable material and corrosion control guidelines to improve safety and economy
• Optimization and selection of appropriate materials
• Cathodic Protection
• Corrosion Inhibitors
• Microbial Control
• Good Engineering & Best Practices
• Service Life Extension Measure
Practical cases of aged treatments topside facilities will be dealt with explanatory video films
• Budgeting & Computations
- Material design
Safety Alerts of
• Coatings, Paintings & Linings
• Chemical Treatment
- Deep Water Horizon Temsah Port Said Fire Explosion
- Hertfordshire terminal explosion Corrosion Monitoring & Inspection
• Good Engineering practice in Corrosion Management
• Service Life Extension Measures
• Inspection Plans
• Routine & reports
Brief solutions submitted b attendees and will be investigated to close the course in practical as well as field coverages.